In COUNTER 5 (C5) TR_B1 is the Book Requests report. In COUNTER 4 (C4) two book reports exist, and we report usage in the BR2 Chapter Report.
We deliver books as single PDF files, and report full book downloads in BR2 (C4) as the number of chapters that the book contains. This means that there is no report in C5 that shows the same counts as our BR2 (C4) report does.
To make it possible to compare BR2 (C4) with a Title Master Report data (C5) we have introduced a custom metric, which represents the overall requests of a book on the chapter level. You can include this custom metric in Title Master Reports and compare book requests between C4 and C5 reports.
1. Login to the Librarian Portal and click on Usage and scroll to COUNTER 5.
2. For “View”, select “Custom Filtered Title Master Report”.
3. For “Metric_Type”, select only “SN:Total_Chapter_Requests”. Unselect all other metric types.
4. Choose your desired platform and report period. Remember that C4 data is only available per
platform, so don't use the "All Platforms" option that is available in C5.
5. Download the C4 BR2 report for the same platform and reporting period.
6. Compare the Reporting Period Total or monthly counts between the C5 and C4 files.
COUNTER 5 custom filtered title master report example:
COUNTER 4 BR2 report example: