Springer Nature's broad range of innovative products on the Palgrave.com site include:
- An eBook is a book in digital form, which can be read on various electronic devices. Our Springer Nature eBooks are identical to the print version. Palgrave currently offers eBooks for purchase in PDF and sometimes EPUB format.
- If an eBook is available in PDF and EPUB formats, both will become available for download upon purchase.
- Both formats can be used and read on various digital devices, including mobile phones.
- EPUB is designed for reflowable content, meaning that an EPUB reader can optimize text for a particular display automatically.
- PDF content is static; pages are displayed identically across devices.
What is the difference between Living and Static Reference Works?
- Some of Springer Nature’s reference works are published as living references which are online first, real-time snapshots (article collections) of a reference work which is in development or is being updated.
- The living editions are delivered well in advance of the static, printed reference publications, and continuously offer new and up-to-date content.
- Each online-first entry has its own DOI and is fully citable.
- If you need additional information, please click on Living and Static Reference Works.
- A MyCopy is your personal print-on-demand softcover edition of an eBook.
- MyCopy books are printed versions of eBooks within a eBook Collection to which your library provides you access via SpringerLink.
- Each book and chapter page on SpringerLink tells you if the respective title is available as a MyCopy edition.
- You can order your personal MyCopy directly from SpringerLink.
- MyCopy books have a colored soft cover, with the interior being black and white. Thus, colored illustrations in the eBook and conventional print books are always monochrome in the corresponding MyCopy book.
- Every MyCopy book is available at USD/EUR 24.99, including shipping and handling and can be shipped to the following locations: US, Canada, UK, Germany, Switzerland, France, Australia etc.
- You can also purchase individual chapters of a book in digital form on www.Palgrave.com or SpringerLink.
- The buyable chapters of a book are listed on the corresponding book product page.
- After your purchase you may download the chapter as a PDF file.
- The price of each chapter is $29.95 / 24.95€ / £19.95 (the final gross prices may vary due to local tax legislation, i.e. in the EU).
- A Rental is an eBook which you can rent for one or six months. The rental period ends automatically after a reminder email with the opportunity to buy the eBook.
- An eBook is a book in digital form, which can be read on various electronic devices. Our Springer Nature eBooks are identical to the print version.