Some of Springer Nature’s reference works are published as living references which are online first, real-time snapshots (article collections) of a reference work which is in development or is being updated.
- The living editions are delivered well in advance of the static, printed reference publications (which are not available until complete), and continuously offer new and up-to-date content.
- Each online-first entry has its own DOI and is fully citable.
- If the image of the reference shows LIVE!, then it is a living reference work:
- The book page will show Living Edition under the title:
- The search results page will show Living Reference Work Entry:
- Static reference works are listed as Reference Work Entry: