Springer Nature's broad range of innovative products include:
What is an eBook?
- An eBook is a book in digital form, which can be read on various electronic devices. A Springer Nature eBook is identical to the print version.
Which eBook formats does Springer Nature offer?
- Springer Nature eBooks are currently available for purchase in PDF and sometimes EPUB format.
- If an eBook is available in PDF and EPUB formats, both will become available for download upon purchase.
- Both formats can be used and read on various digital devices, including mobile phones.
- EPUB is designed for reflowable content, meaning that an EPUB reader can optimize text for a particular display automatically.
- PDF content is static; pages are displayed identically across devices.
What is the difference between Living and Static Reference Works?
- Some of Springer Nature’s reference works are published as living references which are online first, real-time snapshots (article collections) of a reference work which is in development or is being updated.
- The living editions are delivered well in advance of the static, printed reference publications, and continuously offer new and up-to-date content.
- Each online-first entry has its own DOI and is fully citable.
- If you need additional information, please click on Living and Static Reference Works.
- A MyCopy is your personal print-on-demand softcover edition of an eBook.
- MyCopy books are printed versions of eBooks within a Springer Nature eBook Collection to which your library provides you access via SpringerLink. This is a special service SpringerNature offers libraries to make it easier for students and library users to work with the printed edition.
- Each book and chapter page on SpringerLink tells you if the respective title is available as a MyCopy edition.
- You can order your personal MyCopy directly from SpringerLink. This unique service is available to Institutions with Springer Nature licensed eBooks.
- MyCopy books have a colored soft cover, with the interior being black and white. Thus, colored illustrations in the eBook and conventional Springer print books are always monochrome in the corresponding MyCopy book.
- Every MyCopy book is available at USD/EUR 24.99, including shipping and handling and can be shipped to the following locations: US, Canada, UK, Germany, Switzerland, France, Australia etc.
- Visit https://www.springernature.com/gp/librarians/products/ebooks/my-copy for more information.
- You can also purchase individual chapters of a book in digital form on SpringerLink.
- The buyable chapters of a book are listed on the corresponding book product page.
- After your purchase you may download the chapter as a PDF file.
- The price of each chapter is $29,95 / 24,95€ / £19,95 (the final gross prices may vary due to local tax legislation, i.e. in the EU).
- It's also possible to buy a single article of a journal if you don't have access on SpringerLink.
- After your purchase you can download the article as a PDF file.
- The price for each article is $39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95 (the final gross prices may vary due to local tax legislation, i.e. in the EU).
- We also offer annual print journal subscriptions.
- The price of each journal subscription is visible on the according journal page.
- We are consistently working on increasing the number of available journals and to provide you with online subscriptions.
Listed below are links to Springer electronic media products - from product information to FAQs and helpful downloads. If you would like information about our German-language software products please visit our German-language website.