Springer's broad range of innovative products include:
What is an eBook?
- An eBook is a book in digital form, which can be read on various electronic devices. A Springer eBook is identical to the print version.
Which eBook formats does Springer offer?
- Springer eBooks are currently available for purchase in PDF and sometimes EPUB format.
- If an eBook is available in PDF and EPUB formats, both will become available for download upon purchase.
- Both formats can be used and read on various digital devices, including mobile phones.
- EPUB is designed for reflowable content, meaning that an EPUB reader can optimize text for a particular display automatically.
- PDF content is static; pages are displayed identically across devices.
What is the difference between Living and Static Reference Works?
- Some of Springer Nature’s reference works are published as living references which are online first, real-time snapshots (article collections) of a reference work which is in development or is being updated.
- The living editions are delivered well in advance of the static, printed reference publications, and continuously offer new and up-to-date content.
- Each online-first entry has its own DOI and is fully citable.
- If you need additional information, please click on Living and Static Reference Works.
- A MyCopy is your personal print-on-demand softcover edition of an eBook.
- MyCopy books are printed versions of eBooks within a Springer eBook Collection to which your library provides you access via SpringerLink.
- Each book and chapter page on SpringerLink tells you if the respective title is available as a MyCopy edition.
- You can order your personal MyCopy directly from SpringerLink.
- MyCopy books have a colored soft cover, with the interior being black and white. Thus, colored illustrations in the eBook and conventional Springer print books are always monochrome in the corresponding MyCopy book.
- Every MyCopy book is available at USD/EUR 24.99, including shipping and handling and can be shipped to the following locations: US, Canada, UK, Germany, Switzerland, France, Australia etc.
- Visit www.springer.com/mycopy for more information.
- You can also purchase individual chapters of a book in digital form on springer.com.
- The buyable chapters of a book are listed on the corresponding book product page.
- After your purchase you may download the chapter as a PDF file.
- The price of each chapter is $29,95 / 24,95€ / £19,95 (the final gross prices may vary due to local tax legislation, i.e. in the EU).
- Springer Topic Collections are a new Springer digital product for users who want immediate, up-to-date access to specific content within a subject area. You get access to each and every eBook and journal article Springer has published within this topic area. Topic Collections are living products. That means whenever Springer publishes a new book or journal (that contains the subject code of a given Topic Collection) within this topic, the product will be added.
- You can buy a Collection for a fixed price on Springer.com and download the content on SpringerLink by clicking on your eBookshelf on Springer.com.
- The period of a Topic Collection is one year and ends automatically after a reminder email so that it is not automatically renewed. After this year the Topic Collection can be extended with a new purchase.
A Rental is an eBook which you can rent for one or six months. The rental period ends automatically after a reminder email with the opportunity to buy the eBook.
- It is also possible to buy single protocols.
- Protocols are step-by-step procedure “recipes” organized in a standardized format that can be executed in a controlled laboratory environment.
- You can buy a protocol for $49.95 / €39.95 / £34.95 (the final gross prices may vary due to local tax legislation, i.e. in the EU).
- It's also possible to buy a single article of a journal if you don't have access on SpringerLink.
- After your purchase you can download the article as a PDF file.
- The price for each article is $39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95 (the final gross prices may vary due to local tax legislation, i.e. in the EU).
- We also offer annual print journal subscriptions.
- The price of each journal subscription is visible on the according journal page.
- We are consistently working on increasing the number of available journals and to provide you with online subscriptions.
Listed below are links to Springer electronic media products - from product information to FAQs and helpful downloads. If you would like information about our German-language software products please visit our German-language website.