Via KBART Automation ("Automatic holdings", "Automated title list updates", "Automatic collection loading", "AutoLoading") we can automatically update your holdings in Ex Libris Alma, Ex Libris SFX and OCLC WorldShare. After setting up the integration, no more actions are needed on your part. This replaces the manual workflow.
If an issue occurs, the following guides may help you solve it. Contact customer support if you need assistance.
- KBART Automation set-up help
- If no holdings appear in Alma/SFX/WorldShare
- If some holdings are missing in Alma/SFX/WorldShare
KBART Automation set-up help
Get your institution’s token.
Go to the Content page of the Librarian Portal. If you administer several organizations, make sure the correct one is selected in the toggle at the top of the page. The token is listed under the heading "Automated title list updates / automatic collection loading”.
Use the guides from Ex Libris and OCLC.
- How to set up the integration with Alma (on exlibrisgroup.com).
- How to set up the integration with SFX (on exlibrisgroup.com).
- How to set up the integration with WorldShare (on oclc.org).
If no holdings appear in Alma/SFX/WorldShare
Check the organization.
If you administer more than one organization, make sure that the correct organization is selected in the header of the Content page of the Librarian Portal.
Check the token.
Make sure that the token is entered in Alma/SFX/WorldShare exactly as on the Content page of the Librarian Portal. We recommend that you copy and paste the token rather than type it in manually.
Alma institution token issue.
Due to a bug in Alma – which will soon be corrected by Ex Libris – some institution tokens will not work. If your institution token contains characters other than 0-9 and a-z, contact customer support and ask for a new Ex Libris KBART Automation institution token to be generated. Please follow the other troubleshooting steps before you ask for the new institution token as most issues are not caused by this Alma bug.
If some holdings are missing in Alma/SFX/WorldShare
Check the holdings lists.
Go to the Content page of the Librarian Portal and download the files called "Licensed Journals" and/or "Licensed eBooks". The content of these files is exactly what is used by Alma/SFX/WorldShare for the KBART Automation. Look in the files for the missing content.
- If the content exists in the files, but not in Alma/SFX/WorldShare, then contact Ex Libris or OCLC.
- If the content does not exist in the files, contact our customer service team or your licensing manager.